RETIRED CIRCUIT JUDGE
Available for your Mediation, Arbitration and General Master needs.
Prior Complex Business Litigation Division.
Prior practicing attorney (20+ years) with experience in commercial litigation, personal injury defense, banking litigation, business litigation and creditors rights.
OVER 45 YEARS IN THE LEGAL FIELD
When you are trying to resolve your claim or dispute you need a dedicated and experienced mediator to guide the parties to common ground where settlement is possible. Rick Nielsen brings to your case a wealth of substantive knowledge and practical experience to get parties to a mutual and acceptable understanding.
He has more than 25 years practicing law in the areas of personal injury, business litigation and creditors rights. His legal knowledge was broadened and his skills were sharpened during 20 years on the bench, particularly in his assignments to the Complex Business Litigation Division and General Civil.
- Complex Business Litigation Division for 13th Circuit (Five years)
- General Civil (Seven years)
- Family law & Juvenile Delinquency
Florida Judicial Education
- Instructor of Advanced Judicial Studies
- Instructor Florida Conference of Circuit Court Judges
- Florida Civil Procedure Rules Committee (2007-2013) (Chair 2012-13)
- Florida Rules of Judicial Administration Committee (2013-2019)
- Member – Business Law Section – Business Litigation
- Salem Saxon & Nielsen – 1982-2000
- Gregory, Cours, Paniello, Hayes & Hoft